Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Starting today, and continuing until December 31st, I'm going to post one photo a day from the LIFE magazine space archive. 

Two years ago, LIFE magazine published their photo archive - and their countless unpublished pictures from the space program - onto Google Images.  Unfortunately, the archive is poorly organized and difficult to navigate.  I want to display some of LIFE's incredible photos, as well as provide access to some of the harder-to-find pictures.

Why am I doing this? I love the space program and space history, and I think it's important to keep these pictures available. Also, since space aficiandoes frequently see the same pictures over and over again, I want to show some of the rarer photos. I don't care who you are; I promise that you've never seen some of these pictures before.

Also, this blog is not affiliated with LIFE magazine in any way. I figured you knew that, but I just wanted to make that clear.

This site is a works in progress, so be patient with me. (And feel free to give me feedback!)

No comments:

Post a Comment